Friday, December 24, 2010

The Best Christmas Gift!!

I got  the most unexpected Christmas gift tonight...
My first donation!!! A check for $100 for my  trip to Ethiopia.
For those of you that don't know yet I am going to Ethiopia this summer and I could not be more excited about it!! This is just a little look into one of the wonderful things God has put in my heart over the past few months. More about my trip to come...
“As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love.  If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.  Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. John 15:9-13
As God laid down his life for us, I reminded of this tonight as my best friend since third grade gives me a gift that showed how we: love each other as HE has loved us! Molly you are the most amazing best friend! I love you so much!
"Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart
So remember the reason for Christmas...
 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16
I am so thankful for all my my friends and family!!
 Merry Christmas!!

1 comment:

  1. You will truly be amazed at the donation process! People I never thought gave me very generous donations and those I just knew would be so supportive, not so much! It is such an enlightning journey and I can't wait to see what God has to show me in Ethiopia! Please let me know if you need anything in preparation for your trip. This is my first time too, but I will help in any way I can! So, so EXCITING!! GOD is GREAT!!

    ReplyDelete