Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Year

Today is the start of a new year and I couldn't be more excited about it!! I have had my ups and downs this year as I'm sure have many.  But I know that this year God is going to use me to do some amazing things. It is is so cool to know that God uses all of the struggles in our life to teach us something. The work he started in my life this past year has grown along with my spiritual maturity. This is my year to become even closer to God's word and obediently serve him.
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
One of the biggest things I am working on this year is patience... "The process of waiting for a message from God can be just as important as the message itself." Everyone struggles with patience, but I really struggle with it in the area I need the most...Waiting on God's timing. We are all willing to wait on  important things in life... like waiting on a phone call from someone  special, your upcoming wedding date,  a baby after 9 months of wondering, but when it comes to our prayers we get a little impatient, or should I say I do.
As this New Year starts I  am starting with a patient heart, knowing that with my faith and obedience, God will answer my prayers. I will lay my request before Him and wait expectantly and confidently. God gives us what we NEED, not what we always want or what we are expecting.
Wait and hope for and expect the Lord; be brave and of good courage and let your heart be stout and enduring. Yes, wait for and hope for and expect the Lord.
 Psalm 27:14

I hope everyone looks to this New Year
with an open heart. 
Place faith in Jesus and walk with him in
obedience every day.
If you trust him he will bless you
each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment