Monday, June 6, 2011

In 31 Days my life will be changed forever...

Its hard to believe that in 31 days I will be on my way to Ethiopia in a city called Addis Ababa. I have waited for this day for a year now. God has been preparing me every step of the way. As I read a pre-trip devotional, I am reminded that I was blessed with the gift of Mercy. I know this because of a wonderful class I took at church  a few months ago. What an amazing gift to have!  I love the stories in the bible about God showing mercy...eating with tax collectors and "sinners," healing the sick, feeling compassion for others, and the list goes on. I truly have compassion for others, and I am so excited to see the things God has planned for me. You can't be taught mercy but instead God wants us to learn through our actions and expieriences. Yes, I am going to "serve" and "give" to others, but I am also going to learn more about  mercy and compassion for others.
Of course as it gets closer to time I am getting a little anxious. I am a little too old too say this, but I get home-sick. Pitiful...I know, but true! I have had my first round of shots, trip to the doctor, doantions being collected, and now I wait...
 I am ready to be out of my "comfort zone" and in a whole new world. I can't wait to love on some children and learn more about myself. I'm ready to use my spritual gifts and do it cheerfully! :)

"If it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully." Romans 12:8

 

No comments:

Post a Comment