Sunday, June 26, 2011

Filling the hole in our Gospel

Mother Teresa once said, "I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world."
"She had it right. We're not authors, any of us. We are just "pencils." Once we understand that, we might actually become useful to God." ~Richard Stearns,  President of World Vision

If I could just let go completley and give it all to Him, I would be good, right? I know I'm not the only person that thinks about this. As I am reading this book, so much of Richard's story reminds me of myself. So many times you say, "ok, I am giving it all to God, all of it, I promise." Then we get impatient or don't usually give to "all" like we promised. We don't want to sacrifice the things we possess...instead they have begin to posessess us. Richard says, "God can't give you the blessings He has for you until you first put down the other things you are clutching in your hand."
For me...it brings a whole new meaning to the verse, " If you seek the Lord your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul." Deuteronomy 4:29

No comments:

Post a Comment