Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Ready of Not Here I go...

So as I leave today, I'm feeling a little anxious, but VERY excited!!! I do have to say my biggest concern as now, is our carrry-ons. They can only be 15 pounds, so we are all a little worried, considering no ones is 15. So please pray that they will have a good desk clerk when we arrive in all the airports.
I want to thank all of you for support! For the generous donations, purchasing a shirt, dancing your booties off at Zumba, donations, and just the sweet notes, emails, and phone calls. It means the world to me to have such amazing friends. I am very blessed to have you in my life!!
I leave tonight and fly into DC. I will have my phone tomorrow until 11:00 am, then I am switching it to an International phone, but it will be my same number. If you want to send me any prayers or encouraging text (before I leave or during) I would love it! The only thing is  they are .5 cents a text (starting Thursday at 11:00), so just one please!!!  I won't  respond, but know that I love you and appreciate you thinking of me. We will spend the night in DC, and leave for Addis at 12:00 Thursday. When we get there, we will check in and the head to an orphanage to feed the children and spend the day there. This is going to be a life changing experience for me and I am so excited to see this amazing journey God has put in front of me. I would like to ask for your prayers when we are gone. Please pray for my anxiety. As many of you know, I am a nervous person in certain situations. So pray for my peace. Please pray that God will show me so much about Himself as well about myself and how I can live through him and glorify his name daily. Pray that I will be able to communicate God's love to the children we meet. Also, pray for our team, as of now I only know 3 people, but I know I will be as close as ever when we return. Pray that our team will have unity and that our travels will be safe, and that we all remain healthy.
Thank you again for your ongoing support! I couldn't not have done it without you!

Follow our trip on Kelly's blog at http://ordinaryheroblog.blogspot.com/

John 14:15-21

"If you love me, you will obey what I command.  And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever-- the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.  I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.  Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."

No comments:

Post a Comment