Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My Heart Changed Forever

Well, everyone said my life would be changed forever. I just didn't realize how much. I fell in love with the culture, the children, and the hope that one day there will be no hungry bellies, no bare feet, no poverty, and no more tears...

There will be the Day
I try to hold on to this world with everything I have
But I feel the weight of what it brings, and the hurt that trys to grab
The many trials that seem to never end, His word declares this truth,
that we will enter in this rest with wonders anew

But I hold on to this hope and the promise that He brings
That there will be a place with no more suffering

There will be a day with no more tears, no more pain, and no more fears
There will be a day when the burdens of this place, will be no more, we’ll see Jesus face to face
But until that day, we’ll hold on to you always

I know the journey seems so long
You feel your walking on your own
But there has never been a step
Where you’ve walked out all alone

Troubled soul don’t lose your heart
Cause joy and peace he brings
And the beauty that’s in store
Outweighs the hurt of life’s sting

I can’t wait until that day where the very one I’ve lived for always will wipe away the sorrow that I’ve faced
To touch the scars that rescued me from a life of shame and misery this is why this is why I sing….

There will be a day, He’ll wipe away the stains, He’ll wipe away the tears, He’ll wipe away the tears…..there will be a day.

One day there will be no more pain, no more tears, and all of us will meet Jesus. What a great thing to think about after this trip. God broke my heart for what breaks his, and he opened my eyes to things I have never seen before. I am so thankful for the things I saw, what I experienced, and the memories permanently burned into my mind. Our God is a God to the fatherless...

'He defends the cause of the fatherless and the widow,
and loves the alien, giving him food and clothing.' Deuteronomy 10:18


"Christ has no body on earth but yours, no hands but yours, no feet but yours. Yours are the eyes through which Christ's compassion for the world is to look out; yours are the feet with which He is to go about doing good; and yours are the hands with which He is to bless us now." ~Saint Teresa of Avila

 

I am so excited about the burning in my heart for God's word and being obedient to serving as his hands and feet. I am so thankful I have so many people that love and support me on my spiritual journey. God continues to use me in many ways...

What a great way to end my summer. I am already thinking about going back for several weeks next summer. Keep reading my blog to hear the awesome things going on in my life!

 

School starts soon, where I will be getting 20 new faces to learn about, to teach, and to help grow.

Young Life will be starting up soon too!!  I can't wait to see all the amazing things that will happen this year!!

 

Thank you for your

continued love and support!!

No comments:

Post a Comment