Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day 5: Break my Heart for What Breaks Yours

As we are driving 3 hours into the countryside to Woliso, God puts the lyrics to Hosanna in my head...

Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like you have loved me

Break my heart from what breaks yours
Everything I am for your kingdoms cause
As I go from nothing to
Eternity


It is so amazing how God put those lyrics in my mind that day and time. The things I saw that day will be burned into my memory forever.
 When we arrived there were kids running to follow our vans to the orphanage. We pull in to see sweet faces eager for us to be there... smiling faces.


We tour the orphanage...we see malaria nets covering the beds, beds made neatly, but no toys or any sign of life there. Sad.


After looking around, I walk up to 2 young girls holding babies...no diapers, ripped shirts, and flies covering their faces. For the first time I started to cry.
I walked away knowing why God put those words on my heart that day. I knew then what it meant...I see what breaks God's heart, and mine was breaking too.

No comments:

Post a Comment